The Elizabethtown Heritage Council and partnering organizations: The State Theater and the Brown Pusey House will present BBQ Blues & Bikes, in downtown Elizabethtown on May 27, 2017 from 12pm to 10pm in historic downtown Elizabethtown KY. The event is free to the public and will feature ten blues acts, a motorcycle ride to benefit DAV Benevolence Fund, a burn out contest, kids zone, motorcycle vendor area, and a large selection of barbeque vendors.
Eddie Turner & Trouble Twins of Denver, Colorado will be performing during Tavern in the Garden, Thursday (May 25), at the Brown Pusey House (128 N. Main Street). This performance is free of charge. Tavern in the Garden runs from 6pm-9pm. On Saturday, the festival will begin with the “Thunder Into E’town” motorcycle ride benefitting the DAV Benevolence Fund. At 12:00 pm the motorcycle ride will thunder into downtown. The first of ten blues acts will begin ten hours of continuous music that will alternate between two stage locations in the State Theater parking lot and the city’s municipal lot next to the Brown Pusey House. Additional motorcycle and kids events will also be held throughout the day.
Acts: Live blues music from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm
May 27, 2017 – Downtown/BBB Festival Area (outdoor/free)
Cherry Lot Stage
Anji Brooks’ Top Dollar Blues Band
1:00 PM – 2:15 PM
Tee Dee Young
3:00 PM – 4:15 PM
5:00 PM – 6:15 PM
7:00 PM – 8:15 PM
Barrence Whitfield & the Savages
9:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Historic State Theater
Brian Keith Wallen
12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
The Stella Vees
2:00 PM – 3:15 PM
Norman Jackson Band
4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
Laurie Jane & the 45’s
6:00 PM – 7:15 PM
8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Additional Event details:
Kids Zone: 12 pm to 5:00 pm
Thunder into E-town Motorcycle Ride
- Location: American Legion Post 113 1251 Ring Rd. Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- On-site registration will be available the morning of the ride from 8 am to 9:45 am.
- American Legion Post 113 will be serving breakfast from 7:00 am to 10:00 am. The cost is $7.00 per person.
- Kickstands up at : 10:00 am
- Motorcycle Ride Charity Recipient: DAV Benevolence Fund
- Awards for Largest Registered Group, Farthest Male & Female Rider, Oldest Bike and Hairiest Biker (be sure to nominate your hairy friends).
- There will be three Grand Prize Drawings. We will draw for a BBQ, a Blues, and a Bikes Grand Prize package. Winner need not be present to win.
Judged multi-class bike show staffed and judged by KMA/KB-A. Entry fee $25.00. 1st/2nd place winners will be awarded in each class and Best of Show.
- On-site registration will be available as follows:
- 12:30 pm to 4 pm at the Bike Booth at the corner of West Dixie and Mulberry on corner by Hardin Museum
- Bikes must be displayed from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Winners will be awarded at 6:00 pm
Open Road Burnout Contest:
Located: South Mulberry between 31W and Helm Street. There will be three rounds, held throughout the day at 1:00, 3:00, & 5:00 pm.